Representing the company’s philosophy of “relentless innovation,” this new solution provides a comfortable image experience for both patients and users
The AccE Glass-Free Detector offers a more comfortable imaging experience due to its lightweight design, which lessens user fatigue without compromising image quality.
Danvers, Massachusetts – October 25, 2022 – To optimize work efficiency and portability, Samsung has introduced a new flagship detector, the AccE Glass-Free Detector. The AccE Glass-Free Detector recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for commercial use in the USA.
“Being at the forefront of advancing healthcare imaging, we have recognized the need for new solutions that enhance both patient and user comfortability,” said David Legg, Vice President, Head of Boston Imaging. “From the ER to the OR, our glass-free detector exhibits reliability in versatile environments to help get the job done – and done well.”
The AccE Glass-Free Detector was designed to deliver high-resolution images of a digital detector, while offering exceptional user and patient benefits, including:
- Lightweight Design: Weighs approximately 4.5 pounds1, which is 27% lighter than the conventional model2.
- Clear Visibility: Exhibits a 76% DQE, leading the market in glassless panel technology.
- Functionality: Features a non-glass flexible panel with center-engraving to position a patient, a side chamfer to ease lifting and a rear grip to support transportation.
- High Load Allowance: Holds up to 881 pounds of surface load and 441 pounds of patient load3.
- Dust and Water Resistant: Enables users to employ the detector with confidence in fast-paced environments.
Samsung persistently works to help professionals by developing best-in-class imaging technology that optimizes functionality. The AccE Glass-Free Detector can be used on the AccE GM85 mobile Digital Radiography system and is coming soon to the AccE GC85A.
To learn more about the AccE Glass-Free Detector, please visit here.
1. Measured without battery set
2. Compared to S4335-AW
3. Based on 40 mm diameter disc at the center
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com
About Boston Imaging
Boston Imaging markets innovative imaging technologies and is committed to delivering fast, easy and accurate diagnostic solutions to healthcare providers. Boston Imaging is the United States headquarters for sales, marketing, clinical, service and commercialization of all Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound systems. Boston Imaging’s growing portfolio of advanced medical technologies is used in leading healthcare institutions helping providers enhance patient care, improve patient satisfaction and increase workflow efficiency. For more information, please visit https://www.bostonimaging.com/